Steve Goldstein, Fascial Approaches for the Spine Scapula and Thorax – Edinburgh 11/12 May 2019
May 11 @ 9:30 am - May 12 @ 5:00 pm£295.00
Steve Goldstein has a special interest in the integration of fascial and soft tissue techniques with MET’s, neural techniques and joint mobilisations. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Education and a Bachelor of Health Science in Musculoskeletal Therapy. Steve has taught numerous workshops around the world for many years sharing his passion for his work and helping therapists get better results with less effort. Steve was the keynote lecturer at the 2011 Scottish Massage Therapists Organisation conference and presented a workshop at both the 2018 and 2016 British Fascia Symposium.
This 2-day special event is designed to expand your therapeutic and diagnostic skills and provide you with excellent techniques which you can
immediately incorporate into your existing treatments.
Places are limited for this workshop.
Pre-requisite – Physiotherapy, Osteopathy, Sports Therapy, Sports and Remedial Massage or similar.
Students will -:
- Learn then how to use low force contract-relax with passive mobilization to clear facet joint restrictions for the thoracic and lumbar spine.
- Learn contract-relax to address ‘shift’ and rotation restrictions affecting the thorax.
- Learn how to improve scapular dyskinesis by target both scapulas at the same time.
- Blending myofascial techniques with passive joint mobilization and active contract-relax allow you the therapist to access ‘armoured’ soft-tissue as an entry to re-organizing chronically held structures.
- Passive supported lumbar motion from a side-lying position
- Receptor Enhancement for Thoracic Spine
- Seated thoracic spine MET for side-bending and rotational restriction
- Scapular cardinal plane motion assessment and MET for treatment
- Practice effective spiral line ‘scapular x’ release for mid thoracic, rhomboid, serratus anterior and contra-lateral splenius capitis.
- Practice paired long femoral and humeral levering with co-activation
- Understand the theory underpinning the laws of spinal motion (Harrison Fryette).
All students will obtain a CPD certificate of attendance. Students are recommended to check with their own organisational body to ascertain how many CPD points they will accrue and to contact their insurers to ensure they are covered within their scope of practice for the techniques taught. However, if you are already insured for myofascial and/or soft tissue therapy, the techniques obtained will be covered under this category.
Please see our T&C page to view our cancellation and refunds policy.