- This workshop has passed.
Myofascial Release – Part 1 Leeds 2/3 February 2019
February 2 @ 9:30 am - February 3 @ 5:00 pm£295.00
This is a 2 day part 1 myofascial workshop presented by Ruth Duncan at Broadgate Chiropractic Clinic, Lister House, Lister Hill, Horsforth, Leeds LS18 5AZ
Pre-requisite, core education training qualification in a bodywork therapy including anatomy and physiology at level 3.
The participant will:
- examine the development of fascia, its structural function and dysfunction and the physiological effects of a variety of fascial release techniques
- learn observation and palpatory diagnostic skills
- learn various fascial release application and specific techniques for the shoulders, neck, and extremities
- learn the fundamental fascial cross hand release, transverse planes, arm/leg pulls and active and passive soft tissue techniques
- explore fascial rehabilitation and self care approaches.
Please note, as this qualification is a post graduate training programme, we generally cannot accept movement therapists, personal trainers or fitness coaches unless they are insured to deliver hands-on therapy as part of their core qualification. Unfortunately, we cannot accept energy workers, reflexologists, talk therapists or Indian head massage therapists for these workshops.
Diploma students will require to complete the necessary assignments which will include the practical applications and theory of this workshop.