The Biotensegrity Approach to Postural and Palpatory Assessment
Originally part of Fascial Assessment and Integration but much more added.
Seeing postural imbalances in a visual body-reading assessment is one thing, but knowing what they mean and what to do with them, is another matter altogether.
Regardless of which remedial therapies you practice, this high informative course will provide you with essential skills to perform a detailed and valuable client body-reading assessment for a remote or face to face treatment session.
This course will also help you to understand dysfunction from a whole-body approach where no one part moves in isolation. You will also be taught fundamental palpatory assessments helping you interpret tissue tension from a global point of view.
This course will also discuss the relevance of poor posture and chronic pain as well as look at contemporary research relevant to biomechanics and biotensegrity.
- 50 hours of CPD training with unlimited access to videos and pictures in an online course
- Learning platform app allowing you to learn on the go
- The course can be completed in as little as 5 weeks but, you can take up to a year
- Assessed by 4 short quiz knowledge checks
- ‘Body-Reading Pro’ certificate of completion
- Available for any remedial and soft tissue manual therapist wishing to increase their skills, knowledge and understanding of postural assessment and its relationship to function and dysfunction
- Optional downloadable manual for additional purchase
- Private FB group
This course considers:
- Sagittal, coronal, transverse planes and the centre of gravity
- Spinal curves and common spinal dysfunction
- Fryette’s laws of spinal mechanics
- Mechanics of the pelvis and pelvic obliquity
- Functional and structural leg length discrepancies
- Mechanics of the shoulder
- Mechanics of the foot and ankle including triplanar foot movements
- Functional models including ‘The Janda Approach’, upper cross and lower cross syndrome and Dian Lee (PT), muscle slings
- Palpation using compression, traction and rebounding/oscillation
- Valuable body pattern functional assessments
- A question over biomechanics verses biotensegrity
- Putting all the pieces together as a biotensegrity approach
- How to document your findings
- Photographs as assessment tools
- Discusses the pros and cons of mobile apps for postural assessment
- Using your body-reading skills as a remote assessment to plan rehabilitation exercise and or self-care treatment programmes.
This course is a mandatory component of the Advanced Diploma in Integrated Myofascial Therapy (AdvDiMFT)
All Sales For Online Courses Final