This is an exciting new workshop specifically for therapists who already have fundamental fascial/myofascial skills and wish to enhance their skills for sports performance and rehabilitation. Fascia 4 Sport is delivered
This is an exciting new workshop specifically for therapists who already have fundamental fascial/myofascial skills and wish to enhance their skills for sports performance and rehabilitation.
Fascia 4 Sport is delivered in a 2-day attendance workshop and a 1-day online theory course providing 3 days of CPD.
The Fascia 4 Sport workshop incorporates theory, current research and a variety of fascial approaches focusing on the restoration of altered or inhibited function in fascial tissue caused by acute and chronic sports injuries. It is a practical oriented workshop designed to deliver an integrated, whole-body approach to the treatment of some of the most common sporting injuries that affect both amateur and elite athletes.
Using a combination of on line study and practical techniques, therapists will learn advanced manual therapy skills for working with athletes and is designed to:-
- Regain structural stability, strength, balance and coordination
- Restore and enhance tissue fluidity and joint range of motion
- Facilitate the body’s ability to adapt to changing physical, environmental and sport specific demands
- Promote maximum functional movement potential and efficiency
- Contribute to overall performance enhancement in the sporting environment
At the conclusion of the workshop participants will have a fantastic array of techniques to apply in a sporting context whether they are working in a club environment or working individually with amateur, professional or elite athletes across a number of sporting disciplines.
At the conclusion of the workshop participants will be able to:-
- Select, demonstrate and apply both direct and indirect myofascial approaches for sporting injuries
- Understand the importance of local and global fascial approaches to treat dysfunctional fascial tissue
- Understand the fascial anatomy, structure, biomechanics, function and pathophysiology as it relates to some of the most common sporting injuries
- Palpate, practice and apply fascial treatment methods and modalities for a wide range of sporting injuries
- Understand the influence of evidence based fascial research in the management of sports injuries
- Demonstrate advanced theoretical knowledge and clinical application of fascial approaches based on current evidence based research
- Construct and integrate a fascial treatment plan into their existing protocols for sports injury management and rehabilitation.
This workshops is suitable for those working predominantly in a sporting context or whose client/patient base is comprised athletes and sports people such as:-
- Sports Therapists
- Sports Massage Therapists
- Sports and Remedial Massage Therapists
- Soft Tissue Therapists
Additionally, all students must have a fundamental competency in fascial theroy and practical application and therefore must have either completed at least the Structural Series 1 with Myofascial Release UK or have attended a similarly accredited 2-day myofascial release course with another training provider.
MFR UK reserves the right to refuse attendance if the students does not have the relevant pre-requsites.
A CPD certificate will be provided post workshop. Theory documents will be provided online as pre-workshop materuial and a technique manual will be provided at the workshop.
This workshop is not part of the Advanced Clinical Diploma in Integrated Myfascial Therapy.
22 (Saturday) 9:30 am - 23 (Sunday) 5:00 pm
Ticket Section Title
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
Bristol College of Massage & BodyworkLower Ground Floor 109 Pembroke Road BS8 3EU