Spaces Available – go to the bottom of this page to book This is a 2 day unwinding workshop presented by Ruth Duncan at Diorama Arts Studios London. Myofascial Unwinding is the
Spaces Available – go to the bottom of this page to book
This is a 2 day unwinding workshop presented by Ruth Duncan at Diorama Arts Studios London.
Myofascial Unwinding is the spontaneous movement of the body during an MFR treatment session. This movement is the body’s self-correcting mechanism. It is a natural, safe and effective way to release deep restrictions due to the unconscious, habitual, holding and bracing patterns both physical and emotional. This movement also takes the hard work out of understanding postural evaluation and protocol techniques. It allows the therapist to see, feel and access the glitches in the patient’s unique fascial system, follow and soften through them and thereby restoring function and range.
Pre-requisite – structural series part 1
The participant will learn –
- the science and theory behind this movement approach
- the importance of fascial history with regards to emotion and movement
- therapeutic dialoguing
- safe and effective ways to facilitate this movement
- standing, seated and lying unwinding
- local and full body unwinding
- the difference between unwinding and calculated movements
- how to read the physical unwinding language
- how to move through unwinding patterns and facilitate change
- how to work with the emotional component
- how to explain this approach confidently to the patient.
Diploma students will require to complete the necessary assignments which will include the practical applications and theory of this workshop.
9 (Saturday) 9:30 am - 10 (Sunday) 5:00 pm