This is a repeating eventoctober 12, 2019 9:30 am
The Myofascial Unwinding Workshop is delivered in a 2-day attendance workshop and a 1-day online theory course providing 3- days of CPD. Myofascial Unwinding is the spontaneous movement of the body during
The Myofascial Unwinding Workshop is delivered in a 2-day attendance workshop and a 1-day online theory course providing 3- days of CPD.
Myofascial Unwinding is the spontaneous movement of the body during an MFR treatment session. This movement is the body’s self-correcting mechanism. It is a natural, safe and effective way to release deep restrictions due to the unconscious, habitual, holding and bracing patterns both physical and emotional. This movement also takes the hard work out of understanding postural evaluation and protocol techniques. It allows the therapist to see, feel and access the glitches in the patient’s unique fascial system, follow and soften through them and thereby restoring function and range.
Pre-requisite – Structural Series Part 1
The participant will learn –
- The science and theory behind this movement approach
- The importance of fascial history with regards to emotion and movement
- Therapeutic dialoguing
- Safe and effective ways to facilitate this movement
- Standing, seated and lying unwinding
- Local and full body unwinding
- The difference between unwinding and calculated movements
- How to read the physical unwinding language
- How to move through unwinding patterns and facilitate change
- How to work with the emotional component
- How to explain this approach confidently to the patient.
A CPD certificate of attendance will be provided after the workshop for both the online course the practical attendance workshop.
3 (Saturday) 9:30 am - 4 (Sunday) 5:00 pm
Ticket Section Title
Bristol College of Massage & BodyworkLower Ground Floor 109 Pembroke Road BS8 3EU