The Myofascial Release UK workshops are open to Healthcare Professionals including, but not limited to the following disciplines:
- Physical Therapy
- Chiropractic and Osteopathy
- Neuromuscular Therapy
- Sports and/or Remedial MassageTherapy, minimum of level 3 ITEC, VTCT, BTEC or similar
- Sports Therapy
- Therapeutic/Holistic/Swedish Massage Therapy, minimum of level 3 ITEC, VTCT, BTEC or similar
- Bowen, Shiatsu and Thai massage
- Craniosacral therapy
- All students must be competent and confident with body palpation, musculoskeletal identification and palpation for function and dysfunction.
The above-listed practitioners are eligible to attend all the following workshops:
Please see each individual workshop for the order of attendance
- Structural series workshops levels 1-3
- Myofascial assessment and integration
- The advanced workshops, upper and lower body
- Myofascial rehabilitation
- Myofascial unwinding
- Any of the special series workshops.
- All of the 5 special series workshops.
- Functional fascial approaches
We regretfully advise that we are not able to accept those who only have training in Indian Head Massage, Herbal Medicin, Nutrition, Reiki and other healing modalities, Infant Massage, Beauty Therapy or Reflexology on our manual therapy workshops mentioned above.
Movement therapists including Yoga and Pilates teachers, fitness professionals including Personal Trainers and Coaches, as well as manual therapists, can attend the following
- Functional fascial approach, a 2-day workshop
Beauty Therapists and Indian Head Therapists, as well as manual therapists, can attend the following
- The Fascial Facial, a1-dayy workshop
Please note that our workshops are pitched to a level that meets the needs and understanding of those involved, or with experience, in treating in a remedial manner. MFR is not generally used as a relaxation treatment. However, MFR can be incorporated into all existing practices.
A qualification to examination level in anatomy and physiology, and training as mentioned above, is required. Students currently attending a healthcare course may also apply. We reserve the right to reject applications due to student unsuitability.
Special Series workshops and Fascial Assessment and Integration Workshop pre-requisites
These workshops will provide the student with effective techniques from a variety of MFR approaches.These workshops are specifically designed to build upon previous skills. While many effective techniques are offered, the physical application of performing them with regards to pressure, felt sense, local unwinding and client responses will not be covered as this is a pre-requisite for these workshops.
MFR UK welcomes students who have attended Myofascial Release workshops via other training organisations to attend. These students must have attended at least a 2 day CPD workshop, incorporating the sustained approach to MFR, and have a good understanding of how Myofascial Release works as well as experience in the direct and indirect fascial approaches. Students may be asked to provide copies of their certificates. We are happy to discuss your previous training to check eligibility for these workshops if you have less than 2 days CPD MFR experience. Please contact us for further details.
All students who are affiliated to professional bodies, Chartered Society of Physiotherapists, Association of Physical and Natural Therapists, Federation of Holistic Therapists, Institute of Sport and Remedial Massage etc, may use our certificates of attendance to gain CPD. CPD points will be offered in accordance with each individual organisations guidelines and may involve completing a reflective assignment of the workshop. Please contact your own organisation for further details.
MFR UK is an approved training provider for the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT), who accredit our workshops.
By offering an accreditation scheme, the FHT aims to improve and maintain the highest standards as a professional association and rationalise the current system of course approval.
Advanced Clinical Diploma in Integrated Myofascial Therapy
In order to maintain high standards of training and to encourage therapists to increase their skill, MFR UK’s Advanced Diploma in Integrated Myofascial Therapy includes components from-:
- Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) – Unit title, Soft Tissue Manipulations. Unit code – F1BF 35. SCQF level 8
- EDEXCEL Unit 37: Sport and Exercise Rehabilitation. Unit code – T/601/1882. QCF level 5
- VTCT. Planning, applying and evaluating complex massage and soft tissue methods. Unit – UV53089. Code – Y/601/4192. QCF level 5
MFR UK has its own trademark for integrated myofascial therapy through the Intellectual Properties Bureau and actively looks to improve standards of its therapy education.
For further details, please contact MFR UK direct.